And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in peace and tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts) Verily in that are signs for those who reflect (Quran 30:21)
The Islamic Center of Boca Raton performs Islamic marriage (Nikah) at its Center.
Information and Instructions
- Contact the ICBR prior to Nikah date to schedule an appointment for Nikah with the Imam. Email or call the Masjid Telephone: 561-395-7221. Leave your name, telephone number and date you wish to get marry.
- The following individuals need to be present:
- The groom and the bride
- Two Muslim witnesses
- A guardian (Wali) for a Muslim bride who is getting married for the first time.
- Bring the following documents to the appointment:
- Original copy of the Florida Marriage License (see below for information and locations for obtaining Florida Marriage License).
- Proper photo identification cards/passports with copies:
• The groom and the bride
• The witnesses
• The guardian (if applicable)
• ICBR Nikah Application Form
There is a $200 fee which applies for a ceremony conducted in the Masjid, and a fee of $300 which applies for ceremonies conducted elsewhere.
Florida Marriage License
Marriage license is issued by a county court judge or clerk of the circuit court under his or her hand and seal. Marriage licenses are issued by counties and you can apply for your license at any county clerk’s. Florida’s Clerk of Court offices: http://www.stateofflorida.com/Portal/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=51.
You can get married in any county in Florida, regardless of where you obtained your marriage license.
To obtain a marriage license you need:
• Identification: a picture ID such as a driver’s license, state ID card, or valid passport; both parties will also have to provide their Social Security numbers, but do not need to provide their Social Security Cards.
• Fees: $93.50. Marriage license fees can be reduced by up to $32.50 if you complete a licensed Florida pre-marital course.
Marriage license is valid for 60 days after issuance. You must perform the ceremony of marriage before this 60 days has expired. Blood Tests are not required. There is a 3-day waiting period after issuance of the license before you can get married, unless you have completed the Florida pre-marital course, in which case the waiting period is waived. Florida Marriage Statutes can be found here: